Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Slash, Burn, and Poison

Yes that is the typical treatment for cancer. (I didn't coin that clever phrase - just borrowed it.) So far I have successfully completed the slashing (X2) and burning (X35) and will find out Monday if we are going to proceed with the poison. If so, it will merely be hormone therapy to slow or stop the growth of hormone-receptor-positive cells and not traditional chemotherapy that makes one throw-up and lose hair. That is a good thing. I continue to remain thankful that I have received such excellent, conservative, compassionate care from the many health care professionals in my midst.

All continues to be well.

2 comments:

  1. I sure wish you were still writing your blog, Beth.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beth! It has been one year today since I last spoke with you. The previous comment on this blog is from Barb Feenstra and I followed her musing until cancer took her. Now I revisit your musings now that cancer has taken you. I miss you both. Barb so insightful and wise. You so funny, carefree, and upbeat. I am so thankful you both are truly free and in the midst of the eternal love and care of our loving Father and Jesus Christ. I cannot wait until my time to come home to be able to see all those I love so much again... including you. All is well...

    ReplyDelete