Friday, April 27, 2012

Deja vu

Just 16 short days ago I was in the same pre-op room as they put me in yesterday. It was comforting and familiar - hearing the same thing said by all of the medical personnel that worked with me yesterday during lumpectomy #2 as from last week's lumpectomy #1, "Gee, this sure is the tiniest room in pre-op." Yes, but it's my room.

Pretty much, that's how my day went. It was just full of sweet reminders that God cares for me - down to the tiniest details of comfort. My recovery room nurse was Marisa G's sister-in-law who was so kind and helped by distracting me with pleasant conversation while waiting for the morphine to kick in.

My capable surgeon was pleased to inform us that she was able to biopsy the sentinel node plus 2 or three others which means we will have a good indication as to if the cancer has spread or if it stayed put in the removed tumor which is now history! I should know something early next week after pathology gets another chance to be excited by seeing these rare cancer cells from lumpectomy #2. Overall, everyone was pleased with how the operation went and I am feeling hopeful and well.

Today's quote from the Living Bible: "He does not fear bad news, nor live in dread of what may happen. For he is settled in his mind that Jehovah will take care of him. That is why he is not afraid but can calmly face his foes."

Thanks for your continued prayers and kind words. Today's prayer request: Cancer is my foe; may I please be calm.
All is well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth--so pleased everything is going well and you sound at peace. Those nodes will be negative..and you are so right about the pathologists getting excited about the rarity of cells! As my MD's all said--"you don't want to be the patient that excite doctors." Glad they at least talk about us. Please keep posting. Things ARE WELL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,

    Do you know Jerome Redding? Your love for the Lord, faith and peace remind me so much of following his blog when he went through a cancer ordeal. Every post strengthened my faith and also was what I needed to get through the circumstances I was faced with. God is so great and I'm so blessed that in the midst of the unknown you have full assurance of that! This was my fb post today: Lots of medium size bugs flying around, then the moths came. Yesterday the swallows flew in from the south. We serve an amazing God - guess what the swallows eat? "Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?" Matthew 6:26 I'm praying for you Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth,

    Again sounds like you are a pro at this. I hope you get to take it easy this weekend. Praying for that 3rd day,

    Love you,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete